Monday, May 14, 2012

Mom's Mouse

Mom's Mouse - 6 x 6 Oil on Canvas Board
Sold

Shifting gears today and going with something other than food—partly because I haven't gone to the grocery store yet.  But I am also doing this in honor of Mother's day (a day late).  This is my mom's old well-used pin cushion.  I cleaned it up a bit, you almost couldn't see the mouse for all the pins, needles and thread covering it :)

And here is Zora trying to get in the picture again...

Zora, trying to tell me something.

7 comments:

  1. This is a great arrangement. Everything has something to say. Clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely sentiment and beautifully painted picture. So glad to have discovered your work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a great painter! Love, love, love your brushwork and color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely done! Love the patterned fabric, the colors and composition.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I follow you on Feedburner and just love your work. And of course,,,when you show us your charming cat I have to leave a comment. I know what he is trying to tell you....like, get this fake mouse out of here.......he is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes :) And why did you stick pins and needles in MY toy?? Thank you--and everyone-- so much for your nice comments!

      Delete