Thursday, November 8, 2012

Salt, Pepper & Tomato

Salt, Pepper & Tomato - 6 x 6 Oil on Canvas Panel
Sold

The tomatoes keep drawing me in.  This was originally supposed to be mainly black and white, with a red tomato, but other colors kept creeping in.  I think I am addicted to the bright colors now, which is completely opposite of what I used to be.  I did basically black and white mixed media pieces with just a touch of color.  I think it is because I have a better understanding of color mixing and palettes, thanks to the workshops I've taken, but I fully acknowledge that I still have a long way to go...

I also wanted to mention that I put a few of my paintings in the auction for Hurricane Sandy.  "Late Bloomers" has a new starting bid of $30, and you can bid here.  "Scary Little Pumpkin" also has a starting bid of $30, and you can bid on it here.  100% of the proceeds will go to help victims of the hurricane.

3 comments:

  1. Beautifully done! Love how the salt and pepper shakers sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely painting! Beautiful colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been to your blog is awhile... Everything is looking wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete