Thursday, November 22, 2012

Lazy Daisies

Lazy Daisies - 6 x 6 Oil on Gesso Board
Sold

Another semi-quick study from a photo of some daisies I had a while ago.  I liked how they were just laying on my work surface, so snapped some photos for future reference.  These last few paintings are done on gesso board instead of canvas board (they're a bit more affordable than the Raymar canvas boards I'd been using).  It takes some getting used to, but I'm getting there.   I ordered a whole bunch, so I'll be working on it for a while, but the jury is still out as far as my favorite painting surface.  After this bunch is used up... ??

2 comments:

  1. I think you do amazing work on either surface. I have used them both but like the Raymar the best. I have even tried making my own on masonite panels. A lot of work preparing the surface, but so cheap. One downside to the Raymar panels is the slick backing. I entered a plein air painting competition and they stamped the back of the painting panels. After the event I easily wiped the stamp off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Carlene! I'm with you. In the beginning I made my own canvases, which is really inexpensive, but time consuming, and I'd rather use that time to paint!

      Delete