Thursday, August 23, 2012

Festive Grapes

Festive Grapes - 6 x 6 Oil on Canvas Panel
Sold

Wow, I can't believe it's been two weeks since I last posted!  Time flies, especially when you have family in from out of town.  (Not that I'm blaming them or anything:)  And even after just two weeks I'm feeling a little rusty.  For my first time back in the saddle, so to speak, after my little break, I decided to do the weekly DPW challenge: Complementary Challenge.  Whenever I do the complements of red and green, I try to not make it too Christmassy, so I lightened and grayed down the green a bit, and added more yellow to tie it in with the green on the grapes.  I think it is still looking a bit festive, but I'm ok with it :)

2 comments:

  1. Great job on the challenge. I wouldn't call this rusty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely works art! I love them all!

    ReplyDelete